April 4, 2012

Countdown to Easter: Part 3

Pin It
Margaret's Morsels | Easter Bunny Cake

When I posted my Easter menu, I didn't include a dessert.  For at least the last 12 years, I've made a bunny shaped cake like the one shown above. This year, I was going to make something different, but my plans changed.

A couple of days ago, my husband stopped at the grocery on his way home from work.  He noticed jelly beans were on sale and bought a bag. When he handed me the bag, he said he bought them for the bunny cake. This cake is such a family tradition, there's no way I could make a different dessert for Easter.

The cake is made with two 8-inch round cake pans.  To save time, I use a cake mix and store bought frosting.  Coconut is sprinkled on the frosting to mimic the bunny's fur.  Licorice, tinted coconut, jelly beans or any other small colorful candy is used to decorate the cake.  Click here to find the directions.


© Margaret's Morsels

10 comments:

  1. Very cute! I like the coconut as fur. So sweet that your husband bought those jelly beans just for the bunny cake.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! My husband's a keeper:) Thanks for hosting the party and the opportunity to share the recipe!

      Delete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by #TheWeekendSocial and linking up! I have pinned, stumbled and shared your link across social media. I hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ronda, for linking this post across social media. I really do appreciate it. Thanks for hosting the party and for the opportunity to share the recipe. Hope to be back next week!

      Delete
  3. Your Bunny Cake is just adorable! Hope you had a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Have a good week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miz Helen! Thanks for hosting the party:) I look forward to coming back this week.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful tradition. Thanks for sharing your cake with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! Thank you for hosting the party and for the opportunity to share the recipe:)

      Delete
  5. How fun! We didn't do much special food wise for Easter this year. I'd love to start a tradition though where my husband and kids will make come to expect it and look forward to it like your bunny cake. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adelina, this cake is a great way to let kids help in the kitchen. When my son was younger, he loved to help decorate the cake. The first year he helped, it wasn't physically possible to put one more jelly bean on that cake! Thanks for hosting the party and for the opportunity to share the recipe:)

      Delete